This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sketching Architecture Classes: The Rocks Sydney




I was planning on posting this before I went down to Melbourne for my workshops… but anyway… now I can say ….

Following on from the great fun we all had at my Sketching Architecture workshop at Melbourne University, I am very excited to announced that I will be running a 

Sketching Architecture 4 week course - on location sketching in the Rocks area  Sydney. 
Thursday or Friday mornings   06 - 29 Nov. 10.00am - 1.30pm.
Cost: $150.00 for the 4 weeks.
and also a one day workshop
Saturday30 November 9.30am- 4.30pm (covering the smae content in the one day!)
Cost; $100.00

You don’t need perfect perspective to draw buildings but you do need to understand what you are looking at. This 4 week Friday course will help you grasp the fundamentals of drawing architecture and have fun doing it! I will share with you my system for drawing architecture which involves seeing forms and structure and detail, describing edges and using simple strategies for perspective.

Working with ink and watercolour wash, we will also explore ways to sketch architecture with lively lines and loose and colourful watercolour washes. A series of exercises has been developed to help all levels of participants progress from simple buildings to more elaborate architecture.. and I will also be doing demonstrations each week to show how it all fits together.



The Rocks area has a wealth of varied architecture from which to find our subjects…and I am really excited to be running this class.



Please email me if you are interested as spaces will be limited.


And although not in the Rocks ... I can't resist adding a SOH sketch to this post - it is seen from the Rocks area though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin